07 July 2008

Getting ready for the new iPhone 3G

I'm doing a few things to get ready for the new iPhone 3G. I am preparing my existing data and services; collecting relevant web sites, planning for 1 particular application that I think will change how I use it and what I get out of it, and setting up a better plan so I save some money every month. I'll cover each of these over the next couple of posts.

First, I am updating my .mac environment. Initially this was to sync my browser bookmarks so my own copies were up to date in advance of this warning regarding the service. I definitely keep my bookmarks in sync between my various computers but I use del.icio.us to centralize and share my bookmarks as much as possible. Only my iPhone requires a Safari-managed bookmark list, as much as I can figure out.

In so doing, I also picked up a .mac family pack so that my girlfriend and mom could back up their desktop data easily. Now backups are running at my mom's once a month and both their addressbooks, calendars and bookmarks are backed up centrally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States